Quick Canada facts
English and French
Canadian Dollar ($/CAD)
Canada is the second-largest country in the world with a total of 9.98 million square kilometers of land and water.
It’s is an amazing country, with majestic mountains, rolling plains, beautiful lakes, incredible wildlife, lively cities, and extremely friendly residents. Canada is the perfect place for a road trip, hiking, and other outdoor activities but the cities and quaint little towns are very much worth exploring as well.
Some very typical Canadian things are maple syrup, Tim Hortons, poutine (French fries, cheese, and gravy), ice hockey, loonies and toonies ($1 and $2 coins) and a toque (aka a beanie).
The best Canadian cities to visit
Plan a trip to Canada
- Hiking Banff With Kids: 7 Easy Hikes In Banff National Park
- How To Spend 3 Days In Banff: The Perfect Banff Itinerary
- The Best Things To Do In Calgary In Summer
- The Best Things To Do In Calgary In Winter
- The Perfect Jasper Itinerary With The Best Things To Do In Jasper
- The Ultimate Drumheller Sightseeing Guide: Things To See And Do
- 15 Best Day Trips From Vancouver
- 40 Things To See And Do On Vancouver Island
- Camping On Vancouver Island: Things To Know And 10 Great Campsites
- The Best Things To Do On Mount Seymour In Winter
- The Best Things To Do In Nanaimo
- The Best Things To Do In Nelson
- The Best Things To Do In Victoria
- Vancouver: A 2 Day Itinerary And Sightseeing Guide
- The Ultimate Sea To Sky Highway Road Trip Guide