In October I went to Ireland and made an awesome 5 day road trip. Driving around in our campervan, my husband and I explored part of the Wild Atlantic Way on the west coast of Ireland. And wow, Ireland is a beautiful country.
Traveling by campervan means you don’t have to continuously lug around your stuff which is great. However, that didn’t mean I took a lot of stuff with me on my trip. Well, I could have taken even less had I read my Bunk Campervan information more carefully. I had taken a lot of camping stuff, turned out I didn’t need it as it was provided by Bunk.
Oh the trouble this could have saved me… I had ‘some’ check-in problems with Ryanair because of my camping stuff. Anyway, on to the point of this post, my Ireland packing list.
The perfect Ireland packing list for autumn
Clothes and shoes
• Warm ski jacket (Ireland can be cold, windy and rainy, though on our trip is certainly wasn’t)
• 1 zipper hoodie
• 1 thermal long sleeve (I slept in my thermal outfit)
• 1 fleece sweater
• 1 short-sleeved t-shirt
• 1 hiking shirt
• 1 strap top
• Rain poncho (I expected to use this full-time in rainy Ireland but we were extremely lucky with the weather. So I didn’t even take my poncho out of the pack. Nevertheless, I would still take this with me on my next trip to Ireland…)
• 1 pair of hiking pants
• 1 pair of skinny jeans
• 1 pair of thermal leggings (I slept in my thermal outfit)
• 5 pair of hiking socks
• Enough underwear
• Hair brush and hair ties
• Contacts and glasses
• Make-up remover
• Toothbrush and toothpaste
• Lush solid shampoo bar
• Debit card
• Credit card
• A bit of cash, though we could pretty much pay with our Maestro card everywhere.
• Ear plugs and eye mask (not necessary, it was quiet and dark in our campervan)
• Lonely Planet Ireland
• Dish towel
• Travel towel (not necessary, provided by Bunk Campers)
• Sleeping bag (not necessary, provided by Bunk Campers)
• Travel pillow (not necessary, provided by Bunk Campers)
Looking back, I didn’t need to take all the camping stuff as this was provided by Bunk. All my Ryanair troubles could have been avoided… Anyway, you can download my packing list as a pdf file by clicking the download button.
Convenient packing list tool
I came across this awesome packing list tool, you insert the details of your trip and it automatically creates a packing list! You can find the tool here. With some slight adjustments, I used this tool to create my Ireland packing list.